The PlaNET SOEN 3.0 project has finally come to an end. And without the schools we would not have been able to implement our project. One of the main conditions when creating the partnership was that we had to form a partnership with a local school. All project partners knew from the beginning of the project that the pilot action of the project – the school participatory budget – had to be implemented on the school’s premises, with the school’s consent and financial support in the form of a school participatory budget, which each school had to reserve itself from its own budget.
Equally important partners of the project were the local authorities and with whom we cooperated especially in the second part of the project.
RESULTS ACHIEVED THANKS TO OUR PARTNERS
In the school year 2021/2022, all partners trained all pupils through innovative trainings, online and offline international and local trainings to prepare them to submit their micro projects for school participatory budgets. The partner schools have allocated about 2100 EUR for the school participatory budget. Pupils formed their own teams to prepare project plans, which were then competed within the school for the 3 best projects and the supported ones were then implemented in the school year 2021/2022.
The following projects were written and implemented as part of this activity:
- EVG prom (SVK) (pupils of the school organized a charity ball, the proceeds of which went to OZ Návrat v BB
- EVG MEET (SVK) (pupils organized a series of inspirational discussions aimed at raising awareness about the green economy, fast-fasion and other topics)
- Mother Earth Day (SVK) (pupils organised two educational lectures on environmental protection)
- Cow hoof clipper (SL) (pupils built a cow hoof clipper by upcycling)
- Not only milk brings money – new farming techniques (SL) (pupils organised a series of lectures on plant products/milks)
- Making wooden benches around the school using wood waste (SL) (pupils made wooden benches with eco messages from wooden pallets)
- Nie Mażę / Nečmáraj (PL) (the aim of the project was to improve the school environment and the mentality of the pupils with positive messages in the form of graffiti)
- e-sport Team (PL) (the aim of the project was to form groups of pupils who will strengthen different competences in the school environment through virtual games)
- Outdoor relaxation place (PL) (pupils made wooden benches with eco messages from wooden pallets)
- Stop bullying (HR) ( pupils organised educational lectures on bullying in the school environment with the school psychologist)
- Let’s Come Together (HR) ( pupils organised a series of activities in the school environment to reinforce the “student spirit and togetherness” that was disrupted after lockdown during the pandemic period)
In the school year 2022/2023, the partners involved tried to prepare the participants to submit their micro-projects for city participatory budgets, possible other funding mechanisms/micro-grants, through innovative trainings, online and offline international and local trainings. This part of the PlaNET SOEN 3.0 project was the most innovative and challenging. By having the pupils in all four countries also assisted by trained project managers in collaboration with the teachers, the results of this activity were very favourable. The following projects were written and funded as part of this activity:
- SKATE PARK – 3000 EUR (SVK) ( a project of 3 students in which the students received funding from the city’s participatory budget for innovative elements for the skate park)
- EVG MEET – 500 EUR (SVK) ( a project of about 13 female students, created in the first year of SPB, which contains inspiring conversations with different people on and off campus. The project was supported by the members of the City of BB)
- PLACE FOR ALL (HR) – 500 EUR (the project was submitted in the framework of the competition for secondary schools called “Ne okolišaj 2023” in Croatia for the best student projects that are characterized by innovation, zero waste, circular or green economy concepts)
- WASTE SORTING BINS (HR) – 200 EUR ( the project was submitted and supported in the framework of the competition for secondary schools called “Ne okolišaj 2023”)
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPROVEMENT (HR) – 200 EUR ( the project was submitted in the framework of the competition for Secondary Schools entitled “Ne okolišaj 2023”)
- Raised beds in the house of the elderly (SL) – 500 EUR ( the project was submitted within the budget of the town of Šentjur and was supported by the mayor of the municipality of Šentjur for the purchase of the necessary materials for raised beds!
- CITY BEES (SL) – 700 EUR ( the project was submitted within the municipal participatory budget of the town of Ptuj and was partially supported and will be partially co-financed from other sources)
- SUSTAINABLE IT SPECIALIST (PL) – 1200 EUR (The organisers wanted to encourage their students to adopt a pro-environmental attitude through 6-hour workshops led by an expert)
- INFORMATIK OFFLINE (PL) – 450 EUR (The aim of the project was to show pupils that life in today’s world is not only based on technology.)
- LET’S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER (PL) – 450 EUR (The aim of the project was teamwork and improving teamwork in local governments)
The greatest success of this project has been to promote more engaging, inclusive education and social entrepreneurship among young people by empowering them to take responsibility for their community through innovative and integrated approaches.
The project met almost all of its planned objectives and for the most important ones, the educational activities, we managed to double the number of participants.
In total, 230 participants were directly involved in the project instead of the planned 100!
PLANET SOEN 3.0 project marks a significant milestone in our collective efforts to make a difference. It is a testament to the power of teamwork, innovation, and the unwavering spirit of our students and project partners. We express our deep gratitude to all who have supported us along the way. As we say goodbye to this project, we eagerly anticipate the next chapter, knowing that it holds endless possibilities for growth, learning, and creating lasting impact.